Introduction to Social Anthropology
Video and audio
Astuti, R., J. Parry, & C. Stafford (eds) (2007) Questions of Anthropology. Oxford and New York: Berg.
Berg. Barnard, A. & J. Spencer (eds) (2011 ) Encyclopaedia of Social and Cultural Anthropology. Second Edition. London: Routledge.
Eriksen, Thomas Hylland. Small Places, Large Issues: An Introduction to Social and Cultural Anthropology. London: Pluto, 1995.
Ingold, T. (ed.) (1994) Companion Encyclopedia of Anthropology: Humanity, Culture and Social Life. London: Routledge.
Check out some of these accessible online resources to find out what anthropology is all about:
- Allegra Lab – A blog about all things anthropological
- Savage Minds – Another blog about all things anthropological
- Cultural Anthropology – A peer-reviewed open access journal that includes a wide variety of blog posts, teaching materials and multi-media content
- Hau – An open access theory journal that is peer reviewed
- The Ancestors Project – Interviews with famous anthropologists – past and present – about their lives and works